Samaanta Foundation is a Nepal-based not-for-profit Foundation that promotes equality and empowerment by providing quality higher education opportunities to students from poor socio-economic backgrounds. Samaanta provides comprehensive fellowships to meritorious needy students to cover their educational costs and help create an enabling environment for their education. We assist fellows throughout their high school and selected high achieving fellows to pursue Bachelor’s degrees. In addition to covering direct and indirect costs of their education, Samaanta also provides numerous training and extra-curricular support to its fellows.
We are a dynamic, growing organization, looking to hire a Program Manager immediately to lead our operations in Kathmandu.
Terms of Reference
Position Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The program manager will be responsible for managing all Samaanta programs including but not limited to fellow selection, college placement, fellow relations, mentoring, finances, and fundraising. Specific responsibilities will be to:
- Manage all aspects of fellow selection and college placement
- Organize and manage extra-curricular activities for the fellows
- Manage the mentorship program and work placements for fellows
- Serve as the focal point for all Samaanta fellows, review their academic performance to ensure adequate support for their academics and support their overall personal growth
- Manage all administrative tasks of the Foundation, such as paying tuition fees and stipends
- Liaise closely with college personnel, teachers, hostel administrators and parents of the fellows
- Liaise closely with partner organizations
- Develop funding proposals and pursue fundraising activities at the local, national and international levels
- Maintain detailed records of fellowship activities and financial transactions, and prepare periodic reports
- Liaise with the Board of Directors to shape the vision and future direction of the organization
- Adapt to flexible working hours as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the education system, including transition processes from secondary schooling to higher education
- Technical knowledge of fundraising, financial management and reporting
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments simultaneously, and lead with minimal supervision
- Ability to empathize with young adults and serve as local guardian to high school students
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in Nepali and English
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is preferable
- Two years of experience in a similar area of work; expertise of working with young people a bonus
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills in a growing organization
Salary: Competitive salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter with salary expectations and CV by March 6, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.